Love Your Pet!
Between Valentine’s Day and Love Your Pet Day (February 20th), February is just full of reasons to celebrate our love for pets. Does this list of reasons why we love our pets ring true with you?
- Dogs inspire us to “wag more and bark less”.
- A cat’s purr soothes the soul.
- A dog makes his or her owner feel like the most important person in the world (and the dog is sincere…).
- A cat can also make an owner feel like the most important person in the world (and then the manipulation ends once the food is served…).
- Dog snuggles and hugs are heartwarming.
- Watching a cat “make biscuits” (kneading) is simply adorable.
- Playing with pets brings out the kid in all of us.
- Watching a pet sleep gives us peace.
- Dogs make us laugh with the silly things they do.
- Cats inspire awe with their ability to maneuver around in precarious situations.
- Even though they can’t talk, dogs speak to us clearly through facial expressions and body postures.
- Cats don’t “need” to tell us anything, but they will sometimes honor us with their presence and affection.
Our pets depend on us for all their needs. Their love and devotion are tremendous, and their impact on our lives can be incredible. Take some time to reflect and celebrate how much love your pet brings into your life!
Author: Dr. C. Noureddine, DVM, MS