Recently, all of our staff received training on pet first aid and CPR from a group called Pet Emergency Education. We felt it was important for our entire team to be prepared to handle an emergency situation -whether they were in the clinic, or at home with their own pets.
Emergencies and urgent situations happen unexpectedly. However, if you have planned and prepared ahead of time, you will be ready to handle the situation calmly and effectively. Lawndale Veterinary Hospital has a number of emergency resources available for pet owners. We encourage you to explore the information, and feel free to contact us with any questions. Then, if or when an emergency ever arises, you will feel prepared and ready to help your pet!
- Paws to Protect: Pet Safety: This tab on our website gives information on the following topics:
- Pet Health: This tab on our website provides a search function where you can enter a word for whatever topic you are trying to explore (e.g. first aid, bite wounds, etc.).
- Holiday Hazards Blog Series: Last November and December we did an eight part series on Holiday Hazards. These blogs are packed full of information to help you keep your pet safe over the holiday season, and throughout the year!
- Holiday Hazards Week 1: Watch Out for Table Scrap Bandits!
- Holiday Hazards Week 2: Potpourri and Candles
- Holiday Hazards Week 3: Boarding and Pet Sitters
- Holiday Hazards Week 4: Traveling with your Pet
- Holiday Hazards Week 5: Holiday Decorations
- Holiday Hazards Week 6: Toxic Plants
- Holiday Hazards Week 7: Holiday Food Toxic No-Nos!
- Holiday Hazards Week 8: Houseguests and Parties
- Poison Control Centers:
- Emergency Clinics: Should your pet ever experience an emergency during our normal business hours, our staff is ready and equipped to handle the situation. If an emergency occurs after hours, several emergency clinics are available in our local area:
For more information about how you can be certified in pet CPR, visit the Pet Emergency Education website!
Author: Dr. C. Noureddine, DVM, MS